ArcGIS Pro cannot sign in to Portal for ArcGIS 10.6.1

11-17-2018 10:44 AM
MikePiehota2
New Contributor

I recently updated Portal for ArcGIS to Version 10.6.1.  Since then, I can no longer connect to my portal (over HTTPS) from ArcGIS Pro (Version 2.2.4), even though the portal is shown as "Available".  The portal seems to be working as expected and, using the same account, I can connect from other Esri applications over HTTPS (e.g., ArcGIS Server 10.6.1, Survey123, Workforce).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
HarroldSompotan
Esri Contributor

Great thanks for the follow up and letting us know. 

Again, these treads will definitely help us see patterns and possible bug that we have not yet encounter. 

But based your outcome here and Jim, sounds like we may have one. I'll test this on my end and let you know. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
OrcaMaritime
New Contributor II

Hey all, 

I'm having a similar issue. We have a single machine deployment in GovCloud (AWS). Everything seems to be working through the web browser. It says that the portal is available, but it won't allow us to sign in.  

I've tried allowing anonymous access through the Portal Settings, I've unchecked requiring https through the portal settings, and I've tried various combos of those options. I've saved the certificates to my CA trusted certificate store. Not sure what else to try. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
StratosTsompanopoulos
New Contributor

Hello all,

we had a similar issue here. We checked the traffic with Fiddler and we realised that ArcGIS Pro was trying to access the:

.../portal/home/sharing/rest/oauth2/token%20HTTP/1.1  which is incorrect. The correct URL is:

.../portal/sharing/rest/oauth2/token%20HTTP/1.1 (without the /home/ ).

We fixed the issue on the ...portal/portaladmin/system./properties. The Properties variable should be set to {} and not include the incorrect path.

I hope that helps!

Stratos