ArcGIS Pro cannot sign in to Portal for ArcGIS 10.6.1

11-17-2018 10:44 AM
MikePiehota2
New Contributor

I recently updated Portal for ArcGIS to Version 10.6.1.  Since then, I can no longer connect to my portal (over HTTPS) from ArcGIS Pro (Version 2.2.4), even though the portal is shown as "Available".  The portal seems to be working as expected and, using the same account, I can connect from other Esri applications over HTTPS (e.g., ArcGIS Server 10.6.1, Survey123, Workforce).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
MikePiehota2
New Contributor

UPDATE

It appears ArcGIS Pro is not accepting the OAuth 2 access token generated by my portal.  I can successfully generate an OAuth 2 token if I view the "Properties" of the ArcGIS Sign In page, copy the Address (URL), and navigate to the URL, which is basically directing the browser to the OAuth 2 authorization URL for the portal (/sharing/rest/oauth2/authorize), with the following parameter values:

client_id=arcgispro
expiration=20160
redirect_uri=urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob
response_type=code
locale=en-US

ArcGIS Pro can successfully sign in to ArcGIS Online (https://www.arcgis.com and https://myCompany.maps.arcgis.com), but not my Portal for ArcGIS installation.

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Can you login with ArcMap? 

What is your certificate situation? Have you added the root certificate for your CA into the Portal Keystore? 

0 Kudos
JonathanHodel
New Contributor III

I am having the same issue.  Did you get this resolved?

RitaMatildes2
New Contributor II

Hi Mike, hi everyone,

anyone managed to overcome this situation?

I am going through the exact same thing: cannot login in my Portal for ArcGIS via ArcGIS Pro 2.4. I can sign in other Portals not installed in the same infrastructure and ArcGIS Online.

@Mike: after gathering that data you mention in your "UPDATE" post what did you do?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Rita

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Can you login with ArcMap? 

What is your certificate situation? Have you added the root certificate for your CA into the Portal Keystore

0 Kudos
RitaMatildes2
New Contributor II

Hi Thomas

yes, I can login via ArcMap.

About the certificate, I followed the instructions to add the cert via portaladmin and the issue remains.

(Configuring the portal to trust certificates from your certifying authority—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6)... )

Thanks.

R.

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Is your certificate signed by a CA? Pretty sure you're having SSL errors, best solution is to call tech support. 

0 Kudos
HarroldSompotan
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Out of curiosity, for testing purposes, if you were to make a connection to your Portal from Arcgis Pro via the port URL, what error message are you getting? are you able to connect using this URL? ex: https://FQDN:7443/arcgis

Also what type of Authentication is Portal set to? IWA, SAML?

SanneMikkelsen
Occasional Contributor

Have anyone found a solution to this?

/Sanne

0 Kudos