ArcGIS Pro asking for certificate

Jump to solution
03-17-2021 09:32 AM
JoshuaJohnson5
New Contributor II

Pro: 2.7.2

Starting Pro, a screen pops up:

SelectACert.png

This a new thing, and I have never seen it before. I do not know if I hit a setting in server manager (10.6.1), or somewhere else, that turned this pop up on. If I click "cancel", Pro works fine. If I disconnect our portal from Pro, the pop up does not appear on start. But then I have to reconnect, and get the same pop up.

Also, my organization is looking to use ArcGIS Field maps on iOS, and, after registering the app with the server, the app does the same thing, but will not allow a simple "skip".

How do I turn this off? Or generate a certificate? Or some other work around?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JoshuaJohnson5
New Contributor II

A solution has been found, thanks to our IT! It's a simple radio button that needs to be changed in IIS. Once open, drill down to:

<SERVER> > Sites > Default Web Site > click on portal

Scroll to 'SSL Settings' and double click.

You will have a checked box ('Require SSL') and three radio buttons for 'Client certificates'

Select Ignore.

Now portal should work, and you will have to do this same process for the server.

Simply click server (mine was on the same machine, right under 'portal')

This solved all the issues we were having. Duplicates of published maps/collected features/etc., collector and field maps not working, weird certificate errors for pro, and probably a bunch of other issues I never ran across.