ArcGIS Pro all of my layers attribute tables are the same when I renamed a feature class

12-01-2020 03:11 PM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am currently working in a pretty large file (to me) that has many layers and many feature datasets.  I'll use Feature Class to Feature Class conversion tool to import a .shp file with multiple features with different field labels.  Then I use Split by Attribute to separate those into their layers by similar field names.  After that, I'm done with the original feature class and will delete it.  Then I will edit the names of the layers and symbology.

Most of the time that process goes smoothly.  BUT, a few times I had renamed a feature class, not a layer, and it caused ALL of my attribute tables to have the same identical field values throughout the whole list of layers!  So all of the layers had the exact same attribute table.  This obviously has to be a bug.  When this happens I have to start all over again and I can't keep doing this.  What can I do to keep this from happening and to easily return my attribute tables back to what they were?

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.6.3

0 Kudos
0 Replies