ArcGIS Pro 3D Rules

01-28-2015 09:00 AM
PaulMcBride
New Contributor III

Could someone help me understand how to use basic attribute driven rules to display buildings in 3D by number of floors.  In my attribute table I already have basic information: total height, number of floors, roof type and other descriptive fields.  I know you can use city engine rules in Pro but I'm not sure how to access those rules.

Thanks for the guidance!

3 Replies
SaraGreenwood
New Contributor II

Looking around, there is a Geoprocessing tool called "Features from CityEngine Rules" - that might do what you want?

DeepinderDeol
New Contributor III

Hi Paul,

In ArcGIS Pro, you can apply a procedural symbol to your building footprints (polygons).

1. Add the polygon feature class to a 3D scene - make sure the polygon feature layer is in the 3D Layers category in the Contents pane. If it is in 2D Layers category then drag it into 3D Layers.

2. In Project pane, right click on Styles > Add System Style - here expand 3D and check ON Procedural Symbols, Click OK

3. Click on feature layer symbol in Contents pane to bring up Symbology pane - here you should see a Procedural Symbols style in the Gallery. You can pick a procedural symbol from here and then configure its properties as needed.

Note - Procedural Symbols style has symbols for polygon feature layers and for multipatch feature layers. You should choose polygon procedural symbols for polygon feature layers.

Here is a help topic that gives more information on how to add a procedural symbol layer: Procedural symbol layers—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Professionals

Note - When picking a rule package (.rpk) file for a procedural symbol, in the Select Rule Package browse dialog, you can select Portal > All Portal in the left pane and then search for rpk - this will return all publicly available rule packages shared on the active portal.

Thanks.

PaulMcBride
New Contributor III

Thank you all!!

0 Kudos