ArcGIS Pro 3.2 publishing fails to Enterprise 10.9.1 for map services with a certain number of features

Jump to solution
12-13-2023 07:42 AM
ColForbin
Occasional Contributor

I'm having a strange issue where publishing is failing from ArcGIS Pro 3.2 to Enterprise 10.9.1.  I have a feature class in a SQL Server enterprise geodatabase with 210 random points with 3 attributes filled with text.  I can publish this as a referenced feature service to Enterprise.  However, if I add one more point, publishing fails.  Similarly, with the same feature class, if I try publishing as a hosted feature layer, it will succeed with 180 points, but not with 181 or more.  If I add another attribute and fill it with text, publishing fails for 180 points. There is nothing related in the server logs.  The ArcGIS Pro log shows this:

Publishing web layer (AGS)
Upload failed
Publishing tool execution failed
ErrorMessage: Failed to publish web layer

I have tried recreating the publishing tools service on the server, and when I did that publishing succeeded for a much larger and complex feature service once, then trying again it failed.

I have tried rebooting the server, and restarting the ArcGIS service to no avail.

This issue occurs with all internal users on either Pro 3.1 or 3.2.

We were using ArcGIS Pro version 3.1 for some time and publishing had no limitations.  The issues started when one user upgraded to 3.2 and published, then it seemed to start happening for all users regardless of Pro version.

Uninstalling 3.2 and installing 3.1 does not fix the issue.

We have a DEV Enterprise deployment with 11.1 and the issues does not occur while publishing large feature services to it, however, that server has much less on it in terms of the number of feature services.  So it could be a compatibility issue between Pro 3.2 and Enterprise 10.9.1.  However, we were publishing without errors on 3.1 previous to anyone upgrading to Pro 3.2, and now even 3.1 fails.

The limitation on the number of features/attributes seems to indicate some kind of space problem on the server, but the drives have more than enough space, and RAM usage is sitting at about half of 64GB.  Or possibly some network limitations on bandwidth or stability, but IT has not reported anything like this.

Has anyone experienced a limit on the number of features you're able to publish to Enterprise, or anything like this?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColForbin
Occasional Contributor

Just realized that the C drive on our portal server had very little space, even though portal is installed on the D drive.  Increasing space on the C drive solved this issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ColForbin
Occasional Contributor

Just realized that the C drive on our portal server had very little space, even though portal is installed on the D drive.  Increasing space on the C drive solved this issue.

StevenDiFalco1
New Contributor II

Thanks for this post and solution. I'm curious if you've had any other issues with 3.2 and enterprise 10.9.1? We've been working in 2.9 and I want to upgrade to 3, but have been hesitant there would be issues. Sounds like you've had good luck so far publishing services from 3.1; and now 3.2. Thanks for any advice or suggestions!

ColForbin
Occasional Contributor
StevenDiFalco1
New Contributor II

Thank you! Hopefully I have the same experience. 

0 Kudos