ArcGIS Pro 3.1- Measure Tool Issue

08-19-2022 10:41 AM
Labels (1)
PeteJordan
Occasional Contributor III

Since upgrading to 3.0 and now 3.1, I've notice the Measure Tool (esri_mapping_measureDistanceTool) to be acting differently than before.

When measuring distances that had multiple verticies I am pretty sure I used to only see the end result which was great and this may have been a setting I did so that each individual verticies weren't measuring.

Now when I measure, I'm getting a constantly expanding tool with each added vertex I add, and this is annoying (I swear I had it so it didn't do this prior 3.0).

PeteJordan_1-1660930521477.png

I noticed some changes in the tool as well, including the settings (cog wheel) no longer being shown and wonder if that's where the setting to prevent this was set?

Pre 3.0

PeteJordan_2-1660930610475.png

Post 3.0

PeteJordan_3-1660930641951.png

Am I imagining this, or was there a way to only show the end result measure and not all the verticies in between prior to 3.0?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

I see the same thing in 2.9.3, without the cog wheel as well.

RhettZufelt_0-1661211628942.png

R_

0 Kudos
PeteJordan

Oh wow, didn't realize it was like that in 2.9.  Though I still didn't think it expanded in 2.9 as I had been using that version for quite awhile...

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Not sure about 2.9.  Was enough work to get rid of 3.0 beta and back to 2.9.3 so I could get working again.

R_

0 Kudos
PeteJordan

Luckily a coworker had 2.9.2 still installed and, yeah, he isn't showing that cog either on his.  In fact his measure tool does the same as mine is doing right now, and showing every verticies.

I just swear I had that to only show the end result, maybe I'm just losing my mind or something?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
0 Kudos