Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 3.1 and system time

10-28-2023 06:34 AM
AthanasiosMantes
New Contributor

Greetings,

installed ArcGIS Pro 3.1 on a new laptop, but when trying to run it I get the "System clock is incorrect error".

AthanasiosMantes_0-1698499934568.jpeg

I triple checked system clock, time zone, synced pc time using NTP servers, even checked BIOS clock. Does anyone have an idea what's could be the cause of this?

Thanks in advance,

Thanassis Mantes

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The problem is deeper than that.... read on

Problem: Starting ArcGIS pro Returns a System Clock Error after Upgrading to ArcGIS pro 3. (esri.com...

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

What licensing model are you using?  Single use, concurrent use or Named User?

0 Kudos
AthanasiosMantes
New Contributor

As a student, I'm using a license offered by the University of Athens. I believe this should be concurrent, right?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

What Dan said below, you'll need to have a person in your university that manages licenses to contact Esri Support Services.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You will need to contact the person in your university that handles the licenses.  They are able to converse with tech support and they should be able to answer some of the license issues as well.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
SukumarSalian
New Contributor

We can try the following steps and see whether the issue is resolved:

1. Change the clock settings and synchronize with the internet
2. Clean Uninstall and Reinstall ArcGIS Pro: https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/how-to-perform-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-of-arcg...

0 Kudos
EK-UBT
by
New Contributor

Had the same problem. Licence was valid so it was the actual time problem. My computer also could not sync time to any internet time. Tried US, EU, Google time servers etc. It just could not do it (Windows 10).

So I manually set the time, but you need to set it exactly, including seconds.

I used www.time.is to find the local time with seconds countdown as well.

I then opened Control Panel > Clock and Region > Set the time and date > Change date and time

The Control Panel clock settings allow you to enter seconds as well, the absurd Windows secondary time settings where you right click the taskbar time and go to Adjust date/time does not have seconds.

Then I made sure to enter the exact hour and next minute with 00 in seconds, then waited for the time.is clock to change to that minute and clicked OK. Now my time was "synced" with the time.is internet time and ArcGIS Pro managed to start without the error.

Btw. ESRI should get rid of this silly time sync requirement, just use whatever time I have set on my computer, not internet time.

ErvinKosatica_0-1717490708539.png

0 Kudos