ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2 - Which network port pitemx file from portals are using?

06-07-2023 06:56 AM
VincentLaunstorfer
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I have a recurrent error when trying to open portals items in ArcGIS Pro, the .pitemx files. It is a 'failed to open' error as attached. On same portals, ArcGIS Desktop .pitem files do open correctly. Initially, I suspected the .pitemx files to be corrupted but the same files do open from other networks.

Now, my guess is something related to firewall! What are the specific ports ArcGIS Pro using to connect to portal to open .pitemx files?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
VincentLaunstorfer

Hi,

In case you get same error when opening ArcGIS Online .pitemx items on ArcGIS Pro, ensure you are logged into ArcGIS Online account. It looks silly but it now works for me. Usually, I am logged in internal portals and this prevents opening ArcGIS Online .pitemx items! Please ESRI, provide a more informative error message in this situation. In comparison, ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap) do not display errors when opening .pitem items if not logged in.

0 Kudos
SeanHandley1
New Contributor

Hi,
I've had the same error with two different *.pitemx items, while logged into ArcGIS Pro. Any ideas on how to fix?

0 Kudos
VincentLaunstorfer

Strange! It took a while for me to identify the issue.

I cannot really help but I would recommend to open the *.pitemx items in either ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap) or on another machine with another account to ensure the items resources do work.

If it works, there is an issue with you login and/or ArcGIS Pro installation.

0 Kudos
SeanHandley1
New Contributor

A complete reinstall failed to fix the issue. The layers load fine within the online portal...

0 Kudos
SeanHandley1
New Contributor

I found a workaround, by locating the correct portal to log into (3 options) then switching to the correct one, to access the layer to load.

0 Kudos