ArcGIS Pro 3.0 feature rename taking really long time

06-28-2022 11:03 AM
Labels (2)
ThomasHoman
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

I recently updated to Pro 3.0 and was noticing some odd/slow behavior so was curious if others were seeing it. I am running Pro 3.0 on Windows11

A received a gdb and needed to rename some of the features. The dataset is stored on our local network share. If I rename the feature in ArcMap 10.8.1 the change takes 2-3 seconds. Pro 2.9.3 takes about 20 seconds. In Pro 3 the same rename can take up to 3 minutes. 

Has anyone else observed this behavior? 

Thanks for any feedback

Tom

10 Replies
miketribe
New Contributor III

Yes, 3.0 is slow for basic functions.

tslack
by
New Contributor III

Same issue here and it often locks up the entire document so I can't do anything else. Eventually it finishes but it takes way too long.

miketribe
New Contributor III

On 3.1 and it's painfully slow to do anything...

Probably have to disable everything again like stupid indexing...

0 Kudos
JamiePetersen
Occasional Contributor II

I found this thread and disabled indexing.  This worked for me.

0 Kudos
Matt-Huser
Occasional Contributor

I'm on 3.1.1 and it is still extremely slow for a rename. I hate to constantly compare ArcMap/Catalog to ArcGIS Pro but the old software was near instantaneous for this simple activity....

AmberConverse
New Contributor II

I am using 3.1.3 and also have been annoyed at the slowness for renaming features.  I often just Desktop for these sort of changes (e.g. renaming lots of features, basic editing) and only use Pro when I need to reference streaming data.  I would love to have Pro be faster for basic operations.

JamiePetersen
Occasional Contributor II

@AmberConverse you should try disabling the local indexing to see if that makes a difference for you.  It was immediately faster to rename after doing so.  

disableIndex.jpg

AmberConverse
New Contributor II

@JamiePetersen sadly, I've already done this.  And it is still slow for me relative to desktop.  Sigh.

0 Kudos
MohamedSadiq_C_C_
New Contributor

Sadly, for 3.2 also same issue...renaming and adding CAD files takes way too long. really su..s

0 Kudos