Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2: How to select the “polygon” output from the “network analyst layer” while working in the model builder?

04-09-2024 12:18 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2: How to select the “polygon” output from the “network analyst layer” while working in the model builder?

In the screenshot below, I couldn’t figure out how to select the “polygon” output from the “network analyst layer” while working in the model builder.

The command “select” requires the creation of the “network analyst layer” first in order to get the “polygon” output selected.

How this might be performed?

Clip_1020.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
14 Replies
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Unfortunately, the issue persists to exist even with the “copy feature” tool

Clip_1036.jpg

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

There seems to be some kind of bug here. Hopefully, an expert from Esri can help with this

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
Dale_Honeycutt
Occasional Contributor II

I found some documentation about using network analyst layers in ModelBuilder that I missed.  It shows using Select Data and Copy Features.  It also shows something I meant to mention: the Delete Network Analysis Layer tool which is very useful in ModelBuilder to delete the layer.  Otherwise, layers keep piling up in your database and table of contents.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/networks/create-a-model-for-route-analysis.ht...

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Correct. The "service area" layer keeps piling up. However, my primary issue here is the "data select" tool that appears to have a bug.

Clip_1040.jpg

Clip_1042.jpg

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Select Data (ModelBuilder)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

The Select Data tool selects data in a parent data element such as a folder, geodatabase, feature dataset, or coverage.

The tool allows access to the data stored inside a parent container, such as feature classes or tables inside a geodatabase.

With the final note

When building models where the input to Select Data does not exist, the name of the child data element may need to be typed in.

So if it can't find the parent, check the parameter for the input to the tool and confirm

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos