ArcGIS Pro 2.9: Pro fails to detect a cached service that's copied to the cache directory,

01-08-2022 12:33 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.9: Pro fails to detect a cached service that's copied to the cache directory,

Despite the fact that cached service is available in the cache directory with same name as the map name, Pro fails to detect it and ends up with an error as per the screenshot below

What could be the issue here?

The cached service (Orthophoto_WB_2021_10cm_tif_PG1923) was cached in machine A and then copied to machine B (C:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgiscache) to be configured

Clip_6.jpgClip_7.jpg

Clip_8.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
18 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I doubt that a file system copy/paste will work.  I suspect that you have to export in a format that can be imported on another machine.

I don't use any of these tools but there are import/export capabilities like

Export Map Server Cache (Server)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Import Map Server Cache (Server)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Not sure if they apply to your exact situation but other forms of "caches" have import/export capabilities

... sort of retired...
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Have you performed this task in the past with ArcMap, as I believe this workflow worked when cached services were published from ArcMap?

If so, maybe this could be an ArcPro/ArcMap equivalency issue?

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Correct. In ArcMap, it used to work that simple.

The cached service is copied in the target machine in the (C:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgiscache) folder and detected by the ArcMap as an mxd file with same name as the cache is published with overwrite option

Not sure how this should work in Pro

Clip_11.jpg

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I know creating caches can take a long time, but maybe you can create the cache in Pro instead of copying it.

Was the cache you are trying to copy originally created from ArcMap or Pro?

What type of caching format did you use as that might be a factor here as well?

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
  • As caching takes a long time, we cache our imageries in multiple machines (each machine caches the imagrey of the country in a particular year) and then we copy the cache to the production machine. This is used to work very well in ArcMap
  • Correct. All cached services are created using Pro
  • The caching format is as per the screenshot below

Clip_16.jpg

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Does your org have an enterprise environment with an Image Server role?  If you had that you could create high performance image services from Raster Mosaic Datasets which would eliminate the need to cache your imagery.  Just a thought if you have access to this software.

ivantimofeev
New Contributor

Thanks

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Correct. We do have ArcGIS Image Server role.

Do you mean that publishing imageries contained in mosaic (as image service) has the same performance as the cached one?

Clip_18.jpgClip_19.jpgClip_20.jpg

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos