ArcGIS Pro 2.6 Blank Sign In

12-15-2020 08:46 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are running into an issue where some users are unable to log into their Enterprise ArcGIS Online accounts within ArcGIS Pro. They can access the login screen but a blank  screen appears (and stays) after clicking the Organization button. This only occurs with Enterprise accounts. I have been able to log in using a built-in account 

Several users are experiencing this issue over VPN, but recently the issue has been reported by users whose machines are hardwired to the network. I have tried resetting Internet Explorer and adding every variation of arcgis.com and our organization's ArcGIS Online URL to the list of trusted sites to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Mary Grace

6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We're experiencing the same issue for named user enterprise accounts and had no problems prior to Pro 2.6. 

Built in ArcGIS Online accounts work fine, as do concurrent licenses, but using our domain accounts (utilising Azure AD, with SAML) from ArcGIS Online return a blank ArcGIS Sign In screen when trying to authenticate via our domain. Haven't tried it via a VPN.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's good to know - we were playing with the idea of switching to our Azure AD tenant for domain logins. Thanks for saving me from going through the process only to have it not resolve the issue. 

0 Kudos
amnoy_am
New Contributor II

Pro is trying to load the login dialogue for the portal you're trying to connect to using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.  If the dialogue is blank, it usually means, the site is untrusted by the browser and must be added as a trusted site.  Use a traffic tracking application such as Fiddler to determine the URL address it's trying to load.  Then added that address as a trusted site.  Try to open the site in IE or Edge directly.  If it works there, it should work within Pro as well.  

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately, I don't think this is the case for us. We've got no issues with any other Azure AD logins and it's working with ArcGIS Pro 2.3 in the same environment. It was also working fine in Pro 2.4 & 2.5, before I upgraded to Pro 2.6.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm wondering if ArcGIS Pro no longer works with IE11 since support for ArcGIS Online on IE11 has been deprecated. I hadn't thought to check on Edge to see if AGO was a trusted site, but will after the holidays. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I ran Pro with the "/enablediagnostics" command line switch and got the following from the log file:

"BSSO Telemetry: {"result":"Error","error":"NoExtension","type":"ChromeSsoTelemetry","data":{},"traces":["BrowserSSO Initialized","Creating ChromeBrowserCore provider","Sending message for method CreateProviderAsync","Received message for method CreateProviderAsync","Error: ChromeBrowserCore error NoExtension: Extension is not installed."]}", source: https://login.microsoftonline.com/xyz/saml2?SAMLRequest=xyz&RelayState=xyz (73)

Seems to be some internal config settings preventing it from working. https://login.microsoftonline.com is a trusted site.

This post suggests it's due to the blocking of third party cookies but that too I've changed.