ArcGIS Pro 2.5: “Topo Raster” tool fails to generate an output when working in a model builder,

04-03-2020 09:53 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.5: “Topo Raster” tool fails to generate an output when working in a model builder,

I couldn’t figure out why the “Topo Raster” tool fails to generate output when working in a model builder despite the fact that it works properly as a standalone tool (outside the model) knowing that both are working with same environment settings

What could be the issue here?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
11 Replies
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

The issue persists to exist. Is this a bug?

Jamal Numan
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Have you read Run a model—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation ?

When running in ModelBuilder:

When running as a GP tool:

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thank you Kory for the input.

It appears that my point is not clear. My issue here is not how to display the output in the table of content

Let me paraphrase the issue as below:

- If the “Topo Raster” tool runs from inside a model, then the output is empty

- If the “Topo Raster” tool in a stand-alone mode, then the output is correct and as expected

- In ArcMap, either way, if the “Topo Raster” tool runs from inside a model or as a stand-alone tool, the output is as expected

Have you already tried to run the “Topo Raster” tool from inside the model? How about the output? Is it empty?

Jamal Numan
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

Jamal

In your model, add CopyRaster with the output from TopoToRaster as input and Add to display its output, does it display?

I can repro your case and will log an issue.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

You catch it Steve. Performing the “copy rater” tool has an output!

What could be the issue here? Is this a bug as the “topo to raster” tool used to work fine in ArcMap without the need to perform “copy rater” tool?

Jamal Numan
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is an interesting trouble shooting method. I built a model a few weeks ago for my final course project and could not get the Resample tool to work in model builder ArcPro 2.5. I will try the copy raster technique in the future. 

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

is this fixed in 2.6?

Jamal Numan
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

No, it'll be fixed in 2.7.

BTW, another work around, if you change your output from fgdb to .tif it works as expected.

SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

Jamal

It is a bug in that it is not releasing the lock. I've logged an issue and it'll go into the bucket of things to fix. I can't make any promises that it'll be fixed in 2.6 though.

I'm glad that the workaround fixes your problem.