Arcgis Pro 2.5 - SQL Database Connection

Jump to solution
02-06-2020 03:46 PM
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

So I just opened an old (pre 2.5) pro project and noticed that after the update data from a database connection would not load. I thought this was strange so I opened an brand new project and I get this error when trying to add a SQL database. My SQL Server Client software is updated. 

Any ideas about how to to fix this? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EthanGomberg
New Contributor III
13 Replies
MatthewSkewes2
New Contributor III

Yeah similar issues here connecting to SQL Server, hopefully it's an easy fix otherwise I'll have to roll back.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I Just tested with ArcGIS Pro 2.5 and SQL Server 2017 and had no issues. I just upgraded from 2.4.3 yesterday. I was able to connect to all my geodatabases and non-geodatabases. I also tried OS and DB authentication with no issues.

What is the version of SQL Server being used?

Another option may be to reinstall the SQL Server Native client. I am not sure how the update would impact that but worth a try.

--- George T.
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Your quickest solution is going to be call Tech Support, but, if you could share (which they will also ask for)

What Vendor and Version of DB? What OS is it on? You say client is up to date, what version of client and when installed? Can you connect to the DB using other apps on same workstation (SSMS?)

Kory Kramer‌ will Microsoft SQL Server database requirements for ArcGIS 10.7.x and ArcGIS Pro 2.3 and 2.4—System Requi...  be updated with 2.5 requirements?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Yes, that documentation will be opening up soon with the release of 10.8...

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Check the odbc driver...

EthanGomberg
New Contributor III

Yes this solved our connection issue.

Here is the link to the Driver we installed.

Download Microsoft® ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server® - Windows, Linux, & macOS from Official Microsoft... 

BradyMckenzie1
New Contributor II

Same here. The driver updated fixed it. Thanks muchly

0 Kudos
KeithMiller3
New Contributor III

I've found that installing the ODBC driver does work, but is MUCH slower than the native SQL driver used to be.

0 Kudos
KimberlyGraham1
New Contributor III

I had the same issue, the driver download fixed it.  Thanks, Kory! 

0 Kudos