ArcGIS Pro 2.5: Publishing maps with ArcGIS Online option ends up with “basemap” error and “feature template set” warning,

Jump to solution
03-06-2020 11:23 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.5: Publishing maps with ArcGIS Online option ends up with “basemap” error and “feature template set” warning,

I couldn’t figure out how to resolve the with “basemap” error and “feature template set” warning that come up when publishing with ArcGIS Online option

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Jamal,

You are encountering the error because you do not have a basemap. A basemap is required when sharing a web map. Inserting a basemap will resolve the error. Please see the following doc: 00216: Map does not contain a basemap—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation.

For the warning, see this: 24041: Layer does not have a feature template set—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

For future reference, you can open the associated help topic to the errors and warnings by right clicking on the message. A context menu will appear which provides a link to a help topic that describes the problem and lists available solutions.

Analyzer message context menu

Analyze your GIS resource—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Cheers,

Jonah

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Jamal,

You are encountering the error because you do not have a basemap. A basemap is required when sharing a web map. Inserting a basemap will resolve the error. Please see the following doc: 00216: Map does not contain a basemap—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation.

For the warning, see this: 24041: Layer does not have a feature template set—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

For future reference, you can open the associated help topic to the errors and warnings by right clicking on the message. A context menu will appear which provides a link to a help topic that describes the problem and lists available solutions.

Analyzer message context menu

Analyze your GIS resource—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Cheers,

Jonah

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Hi Jonah,

Thank you for the help

Not user why these should be requirements for publishing! That doesn’t make sense for me. I assume that publishing needs to be straightforward with minimum prerequisites.

Jamal Numan
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

I got that using the “publish web layer” tool has less requirements and does the job perfectly

Jamal Numan