ArcGIS Pro 2.5 - Export Layout takes 20 Minutes

Jump to solution
02-27-2020 09:13 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello. Almost every time I export a layout in ArcGIS Pro 2.5, it takes 20 minutes. I tried turning on and off different layers, locking elements, exporting to my local drive, changing DPI, changing the file type, etc. I am not loading a lot of data. The "preparing to export" portion takes about 18 minutes and then the "export in progress" takes about 2 minutes. Is there a certain setting that I am missing? This did not happen with earlier versions of Pro. #arcgispro2.5 #export #slow #performance

23 Replies
RoseF
by
Occasional Contributor

Same issue here. I am currently trying to export a layout view to PDF and it will stay in the Preparing to Export stage with no blue bar at the bottom for as long as I can stand it. I waited 45 minutes once before stopping it. This particular .aprx was created in 2.x, then used and saved in 3.x, then packaged for use in v2.x. Could version compatibility be causing this issue?

0 Kudos
AndrewHankinson
New Contributor III

Same issue here, only started today. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Same here sometimes a few mins but most times hours and hours before I give up.  This is using Export Map

0 Kudos
LeaPacnik
New Contributor

Reviving this thread and also reporting that I have also had the same issue for quite some time now. Sometimes the export time will be very long (15 mins), other times with the same settings the export time is near instant. The progress bar always gets stuck at "preparing for export". When this happens I usually just kill the app and relaunch it. That usually fixes the problem for a few exports and after a while the problem crops up again...

0 Kudos