Arcgis pro 2.5: Arcgis pro fails to Publish a Geoprocessing service end with staging failed?

03-28-2020 03:29 PM
MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah
Occasional Contributor III

Arcgis pro fails to Publish a Geoprocessing service end with staging failed?

I am trying to publish the extract data task tool using arcgis pro, and I couldn’t figure out why it fails to Publish a Geoprocessing service end with staging failed, I followed the steps below:

1. 1. I run the extract data task and completed successfully
  2. 2. The Arcgis server connection is set to administration connection.
  3. 3. No errors or warnings are found when analyzed.

Please note that I followed the same steps using arcmap 10.7.1, and all worked fine, what might be the issue here?

20 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

BUG-000112137: ArcGIS Pro returns an error message, "Staging Failed.. 

and good resource for looking for 'bugs' is the esri support site, where you can look for target solutions

Esri Support | ArcGIS Technical Support 

there are others with the same "staging failed" termination, so perhaps related

https://support.esri.com/en/Search-Results#search?q=%22staging%20failed%22&content-type=Bugs

But  Esri Support Contact Support 

is your best bet.

MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah

Thank you Dan, but it is mentioned that Alternate Solution is by Shorting the path length of the shared data. my Path length is D:\New folder\Extract\Data\E.gdb, the issue is appeared when publishing the geoprossing tool and not the map, the map is publish successfully.

What do you think?

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The path link was the most obvious.  If that didn't do it, then there were many others in the 3rd link with "staging failed" to follow.  If none of those were applicable, then the last link about contacting tech support would be the final solution.

PS as for....

D:\New folder\Extract\Data\E.gdb

I hope you just forgot the raw encoding ( r"path" )... errors in it may not reveal all the errors.  

"D:\New folder\Extract\Data\E.gdb"
  File "<ipython-input-3-55e09e3d6582>", line 1
    "D:\New folder\Extract\Data\E.gdb"
                                      ^
SyntaxError: (unicode error) 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in position 2-3: malformed \N character escape

r"D:\New folder\Extract\Data\E.gdb"
Out[4]: 'D:\\New folder\\Extract\\Data\\E.gdb'

And never put spaces in paths, you are just asking for trouble.  the underscore is the best substitute

MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah

Thanks Dan for your help, Unfortunately I tried all options and non of them worked with me. did you try it at your local machine?  does it work with you with no errors? 

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I don't do staging, and even if I did, your path, as you wrote it, produced a python error which wouldn't necessarily be reflected in staging errors.  Confirm the path first to rule out obvious errors.

I would suggest tech support so they can walk you through it on your machine if needed

MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah

Hi again,

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong while running the extract data task, and also I noted that when trying to click on the publish button to publish the tool, it is written that (federated server is not available), taking into considerations that this message only appears when publishing a geoprossing tool,  please have a look in the screen shots below:

MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah

regarding the path, I created a new folder on the D which name is e as shown:

LefterisKoumis

Did you use that name before? Try re-publishing with a brand new name. It seems that the ArcGIS Pro is not ready for geoprocessing services. Currently (2.5) you cannot overwrite or delete a geoprocessing service. I created a geo service, and then I deleted it in ArcMap (the only way you can do it).  Then I tried to republish it, but I got the "staging error". When I used a new name, the geo service was published with no issues, no "staging failed". Hopes it helps.