ArcGIS Pro 2.5 - Annotation sizes way too large

06-26-2020 08:31 AM
KeithAddison
New Contributor II

I'm remaking some ArcMap made annotation over in ArcGIS Pro annotation.  I set up some templates for my new annotation in Pro, switched to the map view and tried to place some 6 point template text, and this is what I see:

The huge '6p' is the new Pro created annotation, and the small 'Stumps' to the left is imported ArcMap created annotation that was created in map view at 12pt size.  What's going on, why is my Pro annotation so huge?  Is there some fundamental difference between how Map and Pro determine how to display point size when in the map view?  Does anyone know how it translates point size (1 point = 1/72 of an inch) into a size on the map view?  Similar results were found with Pro templates I made for 12 and 20 point size.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Taren_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Keith,

I would recommend going into each layer's Properties -> General -> Reference Scale and making sure they have similar values. The attached resources should help as well. 

https://community.esri.com/thread/215525-arcgis-pro-21-how-to-change-reference-scale-in-annotation-f... 

Upgrade Dataset—Data Management toolbox | Documentation 

Update Annotation Reference Scale—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation