ArcGIS Pro 2.4: Issues with exporting map series (clipped to index feature) to PDF

09-11-2019 06:40 AM
EmmaPrindle
New Contributor

I created a map series using the "Clip to Index Feature" option, and it displays correctly within ArcGIS Pro - each layout in the series correctly shows the features in my map clipped to each of the 9 features in the index layer (except for a basemap layer which I opted to exclude). However, when I export the 9 maps, many of the features which appear clipped in the layout view reappear in the resulting pdf/image, including the full index layer. Only one of the layers, a line layer, displays as correctly clipped. I played around with all of the different export options - .png, .jpg, .eps, .pdf - they all give the same result (pdf is my ideal format). I also tried checking/unchecking all the map export options that seemed relevant. I am attaching screenshots of how the map looks before and after export. Has anyone experienced a similar issue and/or know what might be causing this/how to fix it?

11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to add to this explanations, I've found the most reproducible way to avoid this issue is to set transparency at the color level and not the layer level. I've gotten to where this is my default way of setting transparency for just about any layer.

Leave the slider on the appearance tag at 0%

Go to the color properties in the Symbology panel

And set the transparency for the individual color

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

According to the ArcGIS Pro 2.6 Release Notes, this bug (BUG-000128447) has been addressed. Lets hope it works correctly now with all these little workarounds! 

0 Kudos