ArcGIS Pro 2.4 Can I edit multiple selected rows with a domain value?

Jump to solution
08-23-2019 12:28 PM
KenPierce
New Contributor III

I'm cleaning up some data and trying to work with coded-value domains in Pro 2.4. If I have several features selected, is there some way to select a value from the domain and assign it to all selected features?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Ken, 

Yes, select the rows you want to change then you can use field calculator and set the coded value (you need to know this value) or in the (1) attributes dialog (2) select the feature class at the top of the list rather then an individual feature and then (3) set the domain value for the field.  The later is the easiest and will both change all the selected features.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Ken, 

Yes, select the rows you want to change then you can use field calculator and set the coded value (you need to know this value) or in the (1) attributes dialog (2) select the feature class at the top of the list rather then an individual feature and then (3) set the domain value for the field.  The later is the easiest and will both change all the selected features.

KenPierce
New Contributor III

Perfect. Just what I needed. Thanks. I was unaware of the attributes dialog all together. Very helpful. BTW, for anyone else unaware, it is that "Attributes" button you've been ignoring in the Selection section of the Map ribbon. I click the other four items every 5 minutes so how I'd missed that I'm not sure. 

0 Kudos