ArcGIS Pro 2.4.3: Export Raster Filename Character Length Issue

01-03-2020 01:05 AM
SharfrajZaman1
New Contributor II

Hi, 

I am trying to export a raster (tif) file from ArcGIS Pro and from ArcMap. However, the filename is automatically reduced during the export raster process in ArcGIS Pro, whereas, the filename comes full and desired in ArcMap.However when I am trying to export the same file in ArcMap, it is getting exported as desired. Do we have any character limitation in ArcGIS Pro while exporting raster files because this issue is not seen when I am trying to export vectors. 

Attached Screenshots for reference:

ArcMap: Exported data (Getting full filename after export)

ArcGIS Pro: Exported data (Not Getting full filename after export)ArcMap_export_raster_filename

ArcGIS_Pro_export_raster_filename_issue

3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

This is BUG-000126365:  The name of the output raster minimizes to 25 characters and the hyphens are removed in ArcGIS Pro.  From Support Services, this is the current designed limit for raster file names and will be addressed in the 2.5 documentation that explicitly states this limitation.

0 Kudos
SeanCarroll1
New Contributor

Robert, I am unsure what you mean by "this is the current designed limit for raster file names". It is my understanding that rasters that are stored in File Geodatabases were not limited, has this changed now, and if so, what is the reasoning behind it?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Sean - I do not know the reasoning behind it as I'm not on the Dev side or the Support Services side rather the Training Services side.  Perhaps another Esri employee reviewing this thread may know?

0 Kudos