ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1 start to edit cell in attribute table invokes automatic backspace

Jump to solution
09-08-2019 11:25 AM
CherylTrine
Occasional Contributor II

Is it just me?

When I make manual edits (as opposed to copy/paste) in a text cell, if I have just opened the table and click on a cell (not double click) and type, everything works fine for that cell, but if I click the next cell (or hit enter to go to the next cell) and start typing, sometimes it puts in the first letter and then backspaces so the remainder of my typing comes before what should have been the first letter.  Other times, it works fine.

Anyone else experience this, or know anything about this, or have any ideas?

Cheryl

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Cheryl, I wanted to circle back here to point you to the published bug: BUG-000125106: When quickly editing a table using Enter, the cursor.. 

You can go there and click the Subscribe button which will provide you with notifications, and also increment the number of affected customers which helps prioritize issues.

Cheers

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Cheryl,

Sorry that you're running into this.  It has been noted before (Why does cursor go to beginning when editing table in Pro? and https://community.esri.com/message/875658-re-editing-tables-in-pro?commentID=875658&et=watches.email... )  We're aware of the issue and the team is investigating.  

Thank you.

CherylTrine
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you, Kory, for your quick, informative response! 

I want to take this opportunity to let your know I really appreciate the work you do on Geonet; I have found it very helpful in keeping me aware of issues and what is happening with development in ArcGIS Pro.  I'm not yet proficient in Pro, but I have come to like it and use it about 70% of the time.  Looking forward to pretty much full equivalency with ArcMap!

Cheryl

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Cheryl, I wanted to circle back here to point you to the published bug: BUG-000125106: When quickly editing a table using Enter, the cursor.. 

You can go there and click the Subscribe button which will provide you with notifications, and also increment the number of affected customers which helps prioritize issues.

Cheers

0 Kudos