ArcGIS Pro 2.2 - Optimization for REVIT MODELS

07-16-2018 06:45 AM
ToddUlery
Occasional Contributor

Working with REVIT - the Draw time can be very time consuming, is this expected in all cases of Revit model size/data?
Are the additional tips for Optimizing Pro 2.2 environment. I have already gone through the ONLINE Docs. on display changes.
The Time is still very long, and how is caching working, bc It seems very negligible after a full load. Nothing seems to improve the time.
I realize the size of my models may have a lot, it is an entire building model, but just want to make sure I get all things that can be done to optimize the Environment. arcgispro #revit

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

From here

What is Revit data?—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

ArcGIS Pro 2.2 supports Autodesk Revit 2015 through 2018 file formats (*.RVT) and converts Revit files to the 2018 file format as needed. If you experience slow loading times, consider preconverting the file to the 2018 format so ArcGIS Pro doesn't need to make this conversion.

And probably machine specs (video, video ram and ram)

0 Kudos
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello Todd, 

Do you have access to Revit?  If you have access you can do the following processes to improved performance

Process #1 Un-link or removed attachments

1. Close the file
  2. Click on the Open File icon
  3. A pop-up will appear
  4. Browse for the file
  5. Select the file a. Check Detach from Central
  6. Click Open button
  7. Go to Insert/Manage Links a Remove the files that are linked or attached to the file (Check each Tab)
  8. In the Manage Images dialog box, remove all raster images not required for your project.

Process #2 Purge Unused (Families and Objects)

1. Manage\Purge Unused
  2. Delete unnecessary view and or sheets
  3. Run again the Purge Unused (Families and Objects)
  4. Save the project with a different name, so the file database can be recompiled.

David