ArcGIS Pro 2.2.4 Crashes When Displaying to a Screen via Wifi

01-09-2019 10:29 AM
JenniferHarrison1
New Contributor

Has anyone had problems with ArcGIS Pro 2.2.4 crashing when projecting to a screen through wifi? When I disconnect the projector app, no problems. When I connect, constant crashes doing anything (open a map or layout view, open a table, activate a map frame....seemingly random). I'm on a new laptop (checked all the specs with Esri requirements). A little more detail: I was projecting using Crestron Airmedia, but I had this problem once before using ClickShare. Just wondering if anyone else has had it, or knows how to resolve it. I have updated my video drivers to the latest drivers (it was the first thing I did).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JenniferHarrison1
New Contributor

I have verified this experience with about 5 other people who regularly present. The issues has arisen with both ClickShare and AirMedia technologies. If you are going to present using Pro, be sure to connect to the projector system with a wire.

0 Kudos
MarkusSchenardi
Occasional Contributor

We had the same issue. Only solution was to use a wire.

Markus Schenardi
Laixo AG - Zürich - Switzerland
Member of the Esri Partner Network
0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

"checked all the specs with Esri requirements". That only means Pro will start. In order to do anything else (e.g project via wifi), in my experience, requires significantly more juice. I wonder if your OS is defaulting to the generic windows video card driver when you wifi project? 

0 Kudos
MarkusSchenardi
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, I have no idea and cannot verify it. Don't have the equipment on premise (only at customer sites).

Markus Schenardi
Laixo AG - Zürich - Switzerland
Member of the Esri Partner Network
0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Can people on this thread who are using Clickshare try the steps outlined in their knowledge article?

https://www.barco.com/en/support/clickshare-cse-200/knowledge-base/KB3872

And then report back here to let us know if ArcGIS Pro crashes stop?  

If using a different projector/system, it would be worth reaching out to them to see if they have similar resources.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JenniferHarrison1
New Contributor

The next time I'm at a client with Click Share, I'll give this a try. I have had this issue with various systems, most of which I haven't paid attention to the names (but I will start noting them down from now on). Last week, I was projecting to two large TV screens...same issue: Pro crashed on every machine that tried it. We had to pull out an HDMI cable from one of the TVs and plug it in to the laptop, and then it worked fine. Just a bit awkward to pass the cable around to anyone who needed to present.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I just got an update that we were able to reproduce the crash using Clickshare and we can confirm that the Barco article does resolve it: https://www.barco.com/en/support/clickshare-cse-200/knowledge-base/KB3872  The development team here is investigating this issue from our side, but for now, looks like there is a way to prevent this when working with Clickshare.

0 Kudos