Arcgis Pro 2.1.2 crashes on adding map

05-12-2018 10:44 AM
GrantRawson
New Contributor II

Using 2.0 works fine but upgraded to 2.1.2 and every time I try to add a map it crashes the program.  I can start a new project just fine but if I add a map to the project it crashes.  Trying to open an existing project works until it tries to load the map and it crashes.  Anyone else have this problem, any ideas how to fix it?  Thanks!

Update with crash info:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ArcGISPro.exe
Application Version: 2.1.2.10257
Application Timestamp: 5a84cc5d
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.24094
Fault Module Timestamp: 5abee643
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000000477df
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: ea45
Additional Information 2: ea454aa00619beedeb934c2d8eee85f1
Additional Information 3: 5042
Additional Information 4: 50424bf581dfe7ba602b81c57dd334dd

0 Kudos
19 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

could be a bad install/upgrade.  Have you tried a repair?

0 Kudos
GrantRawson
New Contributor II

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the response.  I tried a repair and even uninstalling and reinstalling but still get the same bug.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

So, new projects work but any existing ones do not work? Or is it only specific existing ones? Maybe it would be a good idea to contact Esri Tech Support on this?

0 Kudos
GrantRawson
New Contributor II

Hi Adrian, no projects are working either new or existing.  As soon as arcGIS tries to open a map or scene the program crashes.  Definitely going to contact tech support, it just happened over a weekend and they weren't available so I was hoping maybe some one already encountered the issue and knew of a fix.

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Grant Rawson‌ Are your Map and Scene options set to Default?

Or do you have this set to a custom basemap?

0 Kudos
GrantRawson
New Contributor II

Hi Kory,

Thanks for the info, I checked the setting and everything is set to default like you have in the picture, but it's still crashing every time.  I'll try tech support and see if they have an answer.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thanks, Grant.  Can you email me the .dmp from 

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ErrorReports

Send to kkramer@esri.com.

You should still open a case with tech support, but in the interest of helping to figure this out, send the report.

Cheers

0 Kudos
PaulMillhouser
New Contributor II

I am having exactly the same problem and have followed the suggested steps above. Are you still working on this issue? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Paul.  What version of ArcGIS Pro are you running?

2.2.3 is the most current.

You said you're encountering exactly the same issue.  So every time you add a map to a project, any project, Pro crashes?

How do you have your Map and Scene options set up in Application > Map and Scene?

Can you zip up and attach the associated dump files from the crash?  Those can be found in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ErrorReports and you can determine the date and time from the filename:

Or email them to me at kkramer@esri.com

Thanks