Arcgis Pro 1.4.1: Failed to load system tools. Please restart ArcGIS Pro

03-21-2017 04:53 PM
EdAmrhein
New Contributor II

Recently developed a problem where ArcGIS Pro 1.4.1 will not load the tools/tool boxes.  Have completed several iterations of uninstall/install but problem persists.  Anyone have any ideas how to solve this?

0 Kudos
25 Replies
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

If anyone continues to have problems with crashes in Pro, please try this workaround. Workaround: installed package crashing Pro 1.4.1 

Note that the issue described in this workaround, and the original problem with the system toolboxes not loading, have been resolved in Pro 2.0 which is coming out soon.

Thanks,

Drew

0 Kudos
ScottStopyak
Occasional Contributor II

How soon is soon? JK. It's always super top secret. LOL

0 Kudos
EricEagle
Occasional Contributor III

I just ran into this problem with ArcGIS Pro 2.0.

First, it said that the system tools could not be loaded.  Then, when I tried to fire up the python CLI, it said "Failed to Initialize Python Interpreter."

ArcGIS Pro's python instance is not my system python, nor do I want it to be.  What are my options?

0 Kudos
ClintonDow1
Occasional Contributor II

This specific issue should be fixed for 2.0, since we updated the .dll - however there are still some potential quirks.

• Did you install 2.0 fresh or upgrade from a previous version? If upgrading your previous files may not have been overwritten which could cause version incompatibility which leads to this error. 
  • You can delete the %ProInstall%\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3 folder and 'repair installation' via the installer to recreate the fresh environment. 
  • You do not need to add Pro's Python to PATH, however if working from the command line the environment needs to be activated. You can either use Start>ArcGIS>Python Command Prompt to bring up a prompt with the env already activated, or launch python.exe from within the arcgispro-py3 folder.

Let me know and we'll get it figured out!

EricEagle
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Clinton,

I put a more thorough question in place here: Upon loading ArcGIS Pro 2.0 I get "Failed to initialize python interpreter"

I had ArcGIS Pro 1.4 installed to C:\ArcGISPro because it gave me an option of where I wanted to install it.

When I installed ArcGIS Pro 2.0, it did not give me an option of where to install it.  It just put it under my local profile.  So there are some issues with consistency between the installer packages.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If memory serves... there is one tiny question about whether you want Pro available for all people... or just you.  If you specify 'all' then Pro gets installed in the Program Files folder.  If you are the only user, then you can put it where you want... mine is installed in a 'ArcPro' folder

0 Kudos