ArcGIS Desktop Student License and ArcGIS Pro

10-16-2021 08:07 PM
MeloiMagpantay
New Contributor

Hi. I am a student. I recently purchased an ArcGIS Desktop student license and I've read all the documentations about it. As I understood, ArcGIS Pro is included in this license. However, I can't use ArcGIS Pro and I don't know why. I have tried all the solutions I could find in the documentations but the solutions didn't fix my problem.

Here is the pop-up message when I log in on ArcGIS Pro even after I have configured my ArcGIS Online Organization:

"Your account is not licensed for ArcGIS Pro. Please ask your organization administrator to assign you an add-on ArcGIS Pro license or a user type that includes ArcGIS Pro (e.g. GIS Professional)."

0 Kudos
14 Replies
MeloiMagpantay
New Contributor

Hello again. I followed your advice. But I have another question. How do I unassign my Creator User Type? This was recommended by Esri Support. However, they still haven't given me any instructions about it and there is no current documentation about it.

MeloiMagpantay_0-1636162128513.png

MeloiMagpantay_1-1636162143612.png

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you check if you are getting any option to unassign the license in Organization > Members tab?

JayantaPoddar_0-1636176436538.png

In case you don't, please request the support team to take remote access of your system to address the issue. They may need to escalate it to Esri Global Support, if the issue persists.

Think Location
0 Kudos
MeloiMagpantay
New Contributor

There is no unassign option in my case.

MeloiMagpantay_0-1636694159104.png

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Commenting just to check if your have been contacted by the Esri Support and the issue is resolved.

Think Location
0 Kudos
MeloiMagpantay
New Contributor

They haven't contacted me yet.

0 Kudos