Appended points are not showing in map

Jump to solution
03-29-2023 03:23 PM
Labels (3)
MYC
by
New Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2 on Windows. I created a simple layer with a few points plotted from a .csv with columns "X, Y, Notes, etc..." with the X and Y columns listing the point coordinates in decimal degree.

I need additional points added so I created a new .csv in the same format and appended it to the layer using the Append tool. The new points are showing up fine on the Attribute Table and the Feature Class of the associated Geodatabase, however, they are not appearing on the map. I've checked Symbology and there aren't any classes that should be excluding them from appearing.

Any idea what I'm missing and why the appended data is not showing on the map? Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mahdi_Ch
New Contributor III

I think the way append works is it adds a new feature to an existing dataset of the same type.

I believe you should bring them using "Display XY data" and convert them to a feature class then append that to your current feature class. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Mahdi_Ch
New Contributor III

I think the way append works is it adds a new feature to an existing dataset of the same type.

I believe you should bring them using "Display XY data" and convert them to a feature class then append that to your current feature class.