Append tool in Model Builder not keeping my field mapping settings

08-19-2019 02:17 PM
MichaelTorbett
Occasional Contributor II

ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1. I am using the append tool in model builder to append a file geodatabase feature class to an sde feature class. The schemas do not match so I  am using the field map to reconcile the differences. I will set the fields in my file GDB feature class to match fields in my sde feature class, all of which have the same data type. However when I close the model and reopen it, the field mapping resets. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,

Michael 

25 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having this problem with 2.5. This has killed a model that updates features by doing a delete followed by an append. The fields are not always the same and I cannot map them in modelbuilder. My workaround is to run "delete" first, then I run append, which is what I did before I made the model.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If I run the model as a tool, I cannot select a new data source for any field. If I run the tool from the modelbuilder workspace, then I can. It's much nicer to run it as a tool, though, so I hope this gets fixed.

0 Kudos
SiqiLi
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello everyone, sorry for the inconvenience. This case will be fixed in the next release on ArcGIS Pro 2.7. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am experiencing this bug in ArcGIS Pro 2.7.3

0 Kudos
AustinRobey1
New Contributor II

Hello, this bug appears to still exist in 2.8.3. The bug is not limited to the Append tool in Model Builder. It appears in the Spatial Join and Merge tools and presumably in any tool with a Field Map input parameter. It is not possible to save or persist field mappings within a Field Map parameter as the tool(s) will dynamically refresh the field mappings whenever the tool is run or opened/edited.

An example scenario: I want to use Spatial Join to join field 'X' from Layer B to Layer A. I configure the field mappings to output only field 'X' and save the model. I run the model and the Spatial Join performs successfully but outputs all fields from both Layer B and Layer A - ignoring my field mappings to output only field X.

MichaelTorbett
Occasional Contributor II

Any Idea when ArcGIS Pro 2.7 is coming out? My agency just migrated our database to the cloud and I cannot update my data sources without having to rebuild the entire model.

0 Kudos