Append tool in Model Builder not keeping my field mapping settings

08-19-2019 02:17 PM
MichaelTorbett
Occasional Contributor II

ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1. I am using the append tool in model builder to append a file geodatabase feature class to an sde feature class. The schemas do not match so I  am using the field map to reconcile the differences. I will set the fields in my file GDB feature class to match fields in my sde feature class, all of which have the same data type. However when I close the model and reopen it, the field mapping resets. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,

Michael 

25 Replies
mthompson
New Contributor III

I am having the same issue with v2.4.1. I map the fields and hit OK when everything looks good. You can actually see the fields you have mapped turn red again while the tool is closing. Open it back up and everything has reset. Very frustrating, especially when you have a lot of intricate fields to map with multiple inputs and merging.

After some experimenting, if after you map a field, you sort of click around the dialog box, near where you put in the expression, it shows a sort of loading graphic in the top left. After doing this it actually saved for me but not reliably.

I also have another related issue of have multiples of the same field mapped when revisiting a tool. In the image, I have only 1 table that should have 1 field mapped to each, yet 3 are showing up for many of them.

0 Kudos
ShitijMehta
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Michael and Michael,

• I am sorry for the issue you are facing with Append.
  • We are working on fixing the bug.
  • Will update both of you.
  • Thanks for reporting!
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

To update all, this issue has been fixed in ArcGIS Pro 2.5 beta 2. If you are interested to test please email dflater@esri.com and I can get you added to the beta community, otherwise Pro 2.5 will likely be available early 2020.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using Pro 2.5 and still see Append dropping fields in the Field Map. 

0 Kudos
JessicaGould
New Contributor III

Thanks for posting this, Michael, I'm having the same issue.  Looking forward to the bug fix.

0 Kudos
MichaelTorbett

You're welcome Jessica. I'm looking forward to the bug fix as well.

0 Kudos
ShitijMehta
Esri Regular Contributor

To Michael Torbett, Jessica GouldMichael Thompson and anyone following this issue,

Please can you to participate in this short survey? We want to hear from you about the challenges you are facing, enhancement requests and new features you would like to see in ModelBuilder.

Thanks in advance!

http://bit.ly/esrimodelbuilder  

0 Kudos
MichaelTorbett

Sure thing Shitij. I just submitted mine. Thanks!

MichelleWilliams1
Occasional Contributor III

I took the survey!!! I'm also having this issue with 2.5.1 (but I brought the model from an earlier release.)

0 Kudos