Anyway to see what fields are indexed in a FC in ArcGISPro?

Jump to solution
06-30-2020 08:52 AM
NicholasReseburg
New Contributor

I am trying to determine if i have indexed fields in a feature class stored in a File geodatabase in ArcGIS Pro 2.5.2.  Does anyone know if there is way to view this information (keeping in mind it is in a file geodatabase, not an enterprise db)?

In ArcMap, there was a handy little asterix that appeared in the field name. 

I have spent the past 20 minutes trying to google for an answer but am not coming up with anything.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Sure!  https://community.esri.com/ideas/16392 is In Product Plan and is included in ArcGIS Pro 2.6 scheduled for late July.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I assume you are talking about something more convenient than using the Indexes section of the Properties dialog from the Catalog view?

If you have a table open, indexed fields have an asterisk by the name.

NicholasReseburg
New Contributor

Thanks Joshua.  The asterix does not show in my tables by the field name (in pro), hence my question.  The properties dialog does show the indexes though, thank you. 

I guess conceptually, it made more sense to me that they would show the indexes in the "Fields design" dialog along with field type, domain etc.  rather than having to go down deep into sub menus.

Thank you for answering my question.  

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I am seeing a small asterisk for indexed field names in Pro 2.6 beta, so maybe this is "new" functionality for Pro 2.6.  I would show you a screenshot, but I am not comfortable doing so for a beta product.  Kory Kramer‌, are you willing/able to share a screenshot showing this behavior in 2.6 beta?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Sure!  https://community.esri.com/ideas/16392 is In Product Plan and is included in ArcGIS Pro 2.6 scheduled for late July.