Anyone experiencing weird behavior using ArcPro and RDP?

09-10-2020 04:06 AM
RayCreede
New Contributor

My university recently purchased AppsAnywhere and we have noticed unique behavior while attempting to run Arc Pro through it.  The splash screen will appear and then Pro will immediately crash.  The only solution is to right click on the shortcut to Pro and run it as an administrator.  The really odd thing is that this works even if the account is not an administrator on the machine.  After discovering this with AppsAnywhere, I tried RDP by itself and ran into the same problems.  This affects at least versions 2.4, 2.5, 2.6 and the minor updates within.

Has anyone ran into this before?  Is it an issue with Pro, RDP in general, or AppsAnywhere?  It does not occur with ArcMap 10.5.1 or later.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes, there is BUG-000129909 - ArcGIS Pro performs poorly when with AppsAnywhere, part of the MS remote desktop virtualization when the application is running in full screen.  Don't know when this will be fixed.

0 Kudos
DustinEdge1
New Contributor II

If it wasn't for RDP I would have thrown my basic-spec laptop out the window way back at the start of the year!

We've been remoting into our grunt desktops without a problem. Could be the RDP settings when you connect?

Pro does act funny when I disconnect my larger screen and it has redraw the whole interface...but it comes goes in under a minute.

Cheers

0 Kudos