Any way to hide to/from popup when adding control points (georeferencing)?

Jump to solution
11-25-2020 11:07 AM
TylerBain
New Contributor II

When I am adding control points while georeferencing there is a pop-up that follows my mouse around. This did not happen in ARCGIS desktop. The pop-up shows "From point (source)" or "To point (target)". I am having trouble selecting my points as these popups keep me from seeing what is on my map. It is not impossible, just annoying. Is there anyway to disable these pop-ups or at least make them semi-transparent?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes I believe so.  There are some keyboard shortcuts when georeferencing you can see on this page but basically hit the H keyboard key to switch the visibility of the control point ScreenTip off or on.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
CMV_Erik
Occasional Contributor

I don't have the answer, but I'd also like this ability. Even fading them after a few seconds would be better that persistently obscuring the layers

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes I believe so.  There are some keyboard shortcuts when georeferencing you can see on this page but basically hit the H keyboard key to switch the visibility of the control point ScreenTip off or on.

CMV_Erik
Occasional Contributor

H works for me - thanks!

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Great!  If you feel my response answers the question, would you be able to mark it as "Accept as Solution" to close this thread.  Thanks and have a great weekend!

0 Kudos
TylerBain
New Contributor II

"H" works to hide the popups, thanks Robert!

0 Kudos
CMV_Erik
Occasional Contributor

That doesn't seem to be an option for me, presumably because I'm not the originator of the thread

MattLashendock
New Contributor II

This does not seem to be working for me.  I am working remotely.  Does this need to be done on the main computer's keyboard for some reason?

0 Kudos