ALL combinations with unique value multiple fields do not display

11-19-2019 09:24 AM
Lau_Olivia
New Contributor II

Using ArcGIS Pro, I am trying to perform a relatively simple task, which is to display all the combinations from unique values and many fields in the symbology pane. I only seem to be getting 3 of 4 combinations to register. The fields are "canopy" and "income" and are either "low" or "null."  Consequently, I should have four unique values similar to what you see in ArcGIS 10:

low, low

low, <null>

<null>, low

<null>, <null>

However, Pro only seems to identify 3 options, merging "low, <null>" and "<null>, low" as the same thing. I've tried manually adding the missing combination using "Add Unlisted Value," but it doesn't work. I also tried "Show All Other Values" with no success. Is this a bug in Pro? This is so simple in ArcGIS 10 and it should be as well in Pro. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

This is not critical, but I noticed that "Show Count" doesn't seem to work as well.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TerryJohnson
New Contributor II

I have just run into that problem.  I have three fields I am using that should generate more than 3 combinations of values, but all I get are just 3 combinations.  There is no documentation that explains why this happens.

TJ
0 Kudos
TerryJohnson
New Contributor II

Okay, I have figured it out.  Each value, regardless of the field it came from needs to be unique.  Do not use fields that have the same values, because they will be counted only once in the combinations.

TJ
0 Kudos