Align text to center of last element selected in ArcGIS Pro?

01-30-2019 09:52 AM
SterlingLoetz5
New Contributor III

I cant figure out how to align text and other element to center on the last element selected in layout view like in arcmap.

For example if I want to align a scale bar and text to align with a title block border. When I select all elements and align them all to center, they are not centered on the last element selected. I in arcmap I could select the elements I wanted to center and they would center on the last element selected. This does not seem to be the case in Pro?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

It seems the rules for Aligning objects in the Layout have changed compared to ArcMap.

If I have 3 layout elements and I want to align them to left, the order selecting elements does not seem to matter as the software chooses to align the layout elements with the object that is farthest to the left.  The same principle seems to apply to right, top, and bottom as well.  Like the OP said, the alignment of these objects in ArcMap was dictated by the last object selected.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I believe what you're seeing is an issue that we have logged as [ENH-000111499: Add in ArcGIS Pro 2.1 similar functionality of ArcMap to select a dominant graphic element to align all other selected graphics.]

You can contact technical support to get attached to that issue which will allow you to track it.

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

That enhancement request is associated with https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/align-text-and-graphic-elements-in-layout-to-last-ite... and will be available in ArcGIS Pro 2.8 which is scheduled for May.

0 Kudos