Select to view content in your preferred language

After upgrade to Arcgis Pro 3.3: [WinError 126] relatet to the deep learning framework

4 weeks ago
rachbauer
New Contributor II

Hello :),

I upgraded from Arcgis Pro 3.2 to Arcgis Pro 3.3. Since then, I get an error whenever i want to import torch in a notebook (with the deep learning framework from github installed). It did work on 3.2. 

I get the following error: OSError: [WinError 126] The specified module was not found. Error loading "C:\Users\m.rachbauer\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python311\site-packages\torch\lib\shm.dll" or one of its dependencies.

I already tried the following, but it did not work:

• Uninstalled Arcgis Pro and the deep learning frameworks completly, then install both again for version 3.3 
  • Uninstall the torch, torchvision and torchaudio packages and install the packages with different, lower versions
  • Installed new Visual C++ Redistributables

These are the packages in my base environment, which do not work as well:

rachbauer_0-1718288233818.png

I would be really glad if anyone knows how to solve this! Thanks 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelLoconte
New Contributor III

Same issue here--installed 3.3 with the deep learning option enabled. Went to use the deep learning classification tools and hit this error. Had been able to run deep learning classifications before this upgrade. Cant do a full uninstall/reinstall so starting off by trying a conda update --all

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Disclaimer:  I'm have not used the Deep Learning Framework/tools.  Whew.

So here's what I've learned - for each new release of ArcGIS Pro, you must install specific versions of deep learning libraries as described here:  Install deep learning frameworks for ArcGIS—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

On this GitHub site are the Deep Learning Libraries Installer for ArcGIS Pro 3.3 - GitHub - Esri/deep-learning-frameworks: Installation support for Deep Learning Frameworks for the Ar...

I'd recommend uninstalling any older version of these deep learning frameworks and installing the "new" ones for ArcGIS Pro 3.3.  What is the result?

0 Kudos
rachbauer
New Contributor II

Hey Robert,

I tried your approach, where i uninstalled the older version of the deep learning framework and then installed the newest one. However, it did not solve the problem 😞

0 Kudos