Aerial Image Date From World Image (Clarity)

01-12-2022 11:59 AM
Hailey_G
New Contributor II

I started using the World Imagery (Clarity) Basemap instead of the default World Imagery to achieve higher aerial photo resolution. I need to know the date that the aerial image was taken. Does anyone know how to find the date for the Clarity baselayer? Using the "Identify" pointer does not return a value like it did with World Imagery. 

3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hailey,

That is a good question. It looks to me that in the grouping of the world imagery, you have to zoom in far enough for the "Citations" layer to become visible, then you can click on the tile to get the info:

AdrianWelsh_0-1642021409762.png

But that zoom window of where the Citations is visible is only one small notch around the "small building" size:

AdrianWelsh_1-1642021453377.png

0 Kudos
Hailey_G
New Contributor II

Interesting, looks like it only shows that in ArcGIS online, not on the desktop version. I am using the ArcGIS Pro desktop version, so if you have any ideas on getting the date through there that would be great! Your solution is definitely a good work around though. Thank you!

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I can't get it in Pro either. The best bet I had was to load in the Citations layer directly through this link:

https://clarity.maptiles.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World_Imagery/MapServer/4

but that still didn't allow me to see a popup of info...

But if I "zoom to" the feature in ArcGIS Online then I can see the full length of that image:

AdrianWelsh_0-1642023992168.png