Address locator doesn't always work when using street types

08-10-2020 09:28 AM
melisahansen
New Contributor III

When trying to search for intersections sometimes its doesn't work when you have the street type in the search, but if you remove it, it does fine what you're looking for, and as you can see below, return the correct street intersection with the correct street types, it just doesn't allow you to actually search with the street types. I have not found any consistency on when this is occurring, like character count, etc. What is causing this? 

0 Kudos
16 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

How did you create your locator: with Create Locator or Create Address Locator?  Looks like you are using Pro; what version?  

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
melisahansen
New Contributor III

Create Address locator and Pro version 2.5. I am having the same issue in Arc map. 

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I just tried it on our published service that uses the traditional (create address locator) approach and can't replicate the problem.  I can leave off the types altogether or add one or the other or both, and it returns a location just fine. It's actually composite, but that shouldn't matter.  Did you create the locator in Pro or Catalog?

0 Kudos
melisahansen
New Contributor III

I created it in Pro. But I have created locators in Arcmap in catalog, and I have the same issue. 

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

That's odd; but you know that already, right?!  I've never had a problem in the past.  Is this a new issue for you?  Has the reference data changed? 

Looping in Shana Britt‌ to see if she has an idea what's going on.

0 Kudos
melisahansen
New Contributor III

This is new for me, I have yet to have this issue. The data has not changed, the only difference is trying to search for intersections. 

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Melisa:

It would be helpful to see the data and field mapping of the locator you built with the Create Address Locator tool in Pro. I'm also curious to know if you get the same behavior using the Create Locator tool with the StreetAdress role.

-Shana

0 Kudos
melisahansen
New Contributor III

This is how my locator is set up with the create address locator using Dual Range Style. Using the create locator tool doesn't seem to duplicate the issue. 

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Using the create locator tool doesn't seem to duplicate the issue...

So the problem is with the create address locator tool then?  

0 Kudos