Adding data to map ArcPro: DWGs made on AutoCAD LT 14 importing with no attributes

08-27-2020 06:58 AM
JimNoble
New Contributor III

Hi guys, I am adding several dwgs that were made in AutoCAD LT 14. The imported dwg always has zero attributes and does not display on the map in ArcPro. I have used Add Data and CAD to Geodatabase. Both with the same results. No attributes to display. I have also saved the dwg in AutoCAD 18 and tried to import it with the same results. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Jim - what release of AGP are you using?  There was a AGP 2.5 BUG-000129063 (Unable to view geometry and attribute information when adding a CAD drawing (DWG) file in ArcGIS Pro.) that was fixed at AGP 2.6.

JimNoble
New Contributor III

Hi Robert, thanks for the reply. I am using AGP 2.6.0. 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

So I've been reviewing some of the Esri internal resources and I'm wondering if it has to do the LT in the AutoCAD LT 14 format.  From what I'm seeing AutoCAD LT may not be supported.

JimNoble
New Contributor III

That is what i was afraid of. I have converted them to AutoCAD 18 which is supported in ArcPro, however, it did not correct the problem.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Interesting.  Any chance you can share the data with me so I may test on my side?  If this is acceptable my email address is rleclair@esri.com

0 Kudos