Add Icon for custom geoprocessing tool acrgis pro

10-16-2020 07:21 AM
JeremyGraham
New Contributor II

I have made a few script tools and have been able to add them to a custom ribbon. For each I have a small png file of a icon that I would like to have instead of the default little scrollpaper icon. In ArcMap I was able to add the icon as a button. Has anyone been able to do this in ArcGIS Pro, and if so could you please share how you were able to do so?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Jeremy - I reviewed the internals and ArcGIS Ideas to see if/how to change the Button Image of a custom tool but don't see a way to do so unless one of the AGP developers reviewing GeoNet knows of a way to do this.  I'd recommend adding an ArcGIS Idea to get this on the radar.  This is how you did it in ArcMap I'm sure (see below).

0 Kudos
JeremyGraham
New Contributor II

Thanks for looking into that Robert. I did indeed add this to the Ideas. Here's the link for anyone else that finds this and would like to help it gain traction.

https://community.esri.com/ideas/19198

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

You bet Jeremy!  I tried to review your ArcGIS Idea but a warning page comes back saying I'm not authorized to see it or it's not available.  Did you share it out to the ArcGIS Ideas page?

0 Kudos
JeremyGraham
New Contributor II

I think perhaps it hadn't been reviewed yet by the moderators. I did just get an email saying it was approved and posted