Add Data Bug

09-20-2022 03:59 PM
Labels (1)
sperez
by
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.9.0, and for some reason when I go to add data from my ArcGIS Online organization I have started to receive an error message stating "Failed to add data: <Service URL>." I recently connected to our new ArcGIS Enterprise Portal, but have been sure to reactivate our AGOL Portal and sign back in. I have tried removing the service, saving, closing, reopening, and readding the service. However, I still receive this failed message. 

Any information on how to resolve this issue would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

What is your active connection? In the top-right of ArcGIS Pro? If you are adding the data via a URL and are actively connected to Portal for ArcGIS instead of ArcGIS Online I can see this occurring. Generally I try to add content from my active portal via the Catalog pane.

(you can be signed into multiple portals at once but only actively connected to one)

Also test that you can access the URL as is in the browser to ensure it is valid and accessible to your active account.

Please don't forget the kudos 🙂

sperez
by
New Contributor II

Active and only connection is to AGOL. I removed my Portal for ArcGIS connection to be sure. I also follow your process of adding content from my active portal via the Catalog pane. When I paste the service URL into a browser, I get the "Token Required"  page. 

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Can you add other layers? Do you own the service?

Can you add the service to a new map in ArcGIS Online?

It appears to be tutorial data. Can you make it public and share the URL here?

These questions will help identify if it's tied to the data itself. 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

This sounds like a related bug below (perhaps):  

Bug number: BUG-000125795
Synopsis: Unable to reset the data source for an ArcGIS Online hosted service in an existing ArcGIS Pro project when using two different organizations.

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

User does not appear to be changing the data source but adding data via URL

0 Kudos