Select to view content in your preferred language

3D-Buildings are floating or sinking into the ground

01-11-2023 04:43 AM
lena_a
by
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I am trying to build my own 3D model with buildings and terrain in ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3. The data I'm using is open source, I have used the available DTM and the buildings as .gml. They are from the same source.

When I look at the result, the 3D buildings either float or the sink into the ground. I attached two screenshots of how it looks from the top and from beyond the DTM. As far as I have the information, the 3D-buildings were build on the basis of the DTM I am using.

Has anybody an idea, why my buildings are not directly placed on the terrain? I would appreciate any kind of help!

Thank you very much. 

DGM+3DGebaeude1.jpg

DGM+3DGebaeude_Ansichtunten1.jpg

  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrendanNewell
Esri Contributor

Hi @lena_a,

The first item we can check is to ensure that within the layer properties the features are set to "On the ground"

BrendanNewell_0-1673479312873.png

Additionally, are we able to expand on any changes we may have made in ArcGIS Pro?

Cheers
Brendan

🙂
0 Kudos
lena_a
by
New Contributor II

Hey Brendan, 

thank you for your response!

If I choose the option that the layers are set "on the ground" they are all on the same ground level, not based on my DTM anymore. I want to visualize the city with the terrain, not flat.. So I guess this option doesn't work in this context.. 

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

What do you have ground set to?

0 Kudos