ArcGIS Pro for Intelligence - How to create an Alert?

Jump to solution
03-31-2020 04:39 AM
MatthewLewis5
New Contributor II

I am using ArcGIS Pro for Intelligence 2.5.

I've added a feature layer and feature class to my project.

When trying to create a new condition, i click on "new" but receive a small blank menu. Am i missing something? Does the data have to be in a particular format?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewLewis5
New Contributor II

Hi Matt,

Sorry about the delay

Your steps triggered an issue in the conda environments when trying to output the toolbox info.

Investigating i found I had a cloned environment set that had been deleted off disk. But i hadn't reset it back to default. (doh)

Putting it back has resolved it. 

Thanks for the help

View solution in original post

6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Matt,

When you click 'New' you should get a list of Conditions in a drop-down. It looks like that's not happening. It's probably an install issue. If you look in the geoprocessing toolboxes, do you see one called "Intelligence Tools"? 

0 Kudos
MatthewLewis5
New Contributor II

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I do have the toolbox. I also tried re-installing the product.

If its a clue, i can use recurrence options.

0 Kudos
MatthewLewis5
New Contributor II

@Natalie Feuerstein -  This hasn't been resolved. I still am not able to create an alert, i can ONLY create a recurrence nothing else. I also have the tools you mentioned. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Matt. Apologies for the delayed response (I need to track down why I'm not receiving notifications...). Matt Funk is looking into it. We'll get back to you soon! 

0 Kudos
MattFunk
Esri Contributor
Hello  @malewis_geonet,

If you can see the toolbox, but the "New" dropdown in the Alerts pane is empty is probably an install issue. I don't know if you have admin rights on your system or not, if you do you might want to try to uninstall and reinstall ArcGIS Pro for Intelligence.

So a few questions first:
1.) Did you have a previous version of ArcGIS Pro for Intelligence on your system before this one? Got the 2.5 versions installed now, correct?

2.) Is ArcGIS Pro installed for all users on your system? Is it installed to "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro"?
3.) Is ArcGIS Pro for Intelligence installed into a similar location (C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\ArcGISProForIntelligence)?

Next, I'd like to check that the 'hidden' tools that drive the Alerts pane are still seen by the system.
4.) Open Pro for Intelligence, and open a Python window (View >> Python). At the prompt, type "dir(arcpy.intelligence)" without the quotes. Send a copy of the output. It should return a list of a bunch of stuff similar to this:

['BatchImportData', 'DOFToObstacleFeatures', 'DistanceFromPoint', 'DropZones', 'FindOverlaps', 'GenerateBlindSpotAreas', 'GenerateCoverageAreas', 'GenerateHLZSuitability', 'GenerateObstacleFeatures', 'InsideBoundary', 'LeastCostPath', 'OutsideBoundary', 'PointToPoint', 'PointsToTrackSegments', 'WithinDistanceOfBoundary', 'WithinDistanceOfLine', '__alias__', '__all__', '__builtins__', '__cached__', '__doc__', '__file__', '__loader__', '__name__', '__package__', '__spec__']

Last let's check the toolbox info being passed to the Alerts pane. This will tell us if the correct info is being passed to Alerts.

5.) Open a Python Command Prompt (ArcGIS >> Python Command Prompt) and run the following command (assuming you have a 'default' install for Pro from Q2 above):

python "c:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\Scripts\GetIntelToolboxParameters.py" >  c:\toolbox_info_output.txt
Note: The above command is all one line and will create a file on c:
This will output a very large amount of text into a file toolbox_info_output.txt. Check this file to make sure no sensitive info (user name, computer name, etc.) are contained within and attach it to a response message. Let's start with these things first and we'll go from there.
Thanks,
Matt
MatthewLewis5
New Contributor II

Hi Matt,

Sorry about the delay

Your steps triggered an issue in the conda environments when trying to output the toolbox info.

Investigating i found I had a cloned environment set that had been deleted off disk. But i hadn't reset it back to default. (doh)

Putting it back has resolved it. 

Thanks for the help