Standard Toolbar Docking on Map Side of Table of Contents

10-28-2010 11:57 AM
Labels (1)
StephenSavage1
New Contributor II

In previous versions of ArcGIS, we had the ability to vertically dock  toolbars to the map side of the table of contents.  This appears to not be available in the newest version of 10.  I (and I am sure others) prefer to have that toolbar toward the map window, because that is the area I work in with that toolbar. 

38 Comments
StephaniSchupbach
This is probably one of those things that isn't very hard to do and makes a big difference to users.  Bring the docking back, please.
SeanMurphy1
Yes, yes, yes!
SusanBrandner
Great suggestion, I think that should be an option for all toolbars. When you dock toolbars to the left, they should automatically dock on the map side of the TOC.
KevinMorris
I really liked the vertical toolbar.  It lets me visually see the most usable tools quickly without looking through the many buttons on the top.
DennisSkidds1
Excellent idea!
RolandDuhaime3
It would be nice to have this functionality back.
Arlington_CoGISMC
... yup, another example of ESRI dev's thinking they know how we use their software better then we do... chalk this one up there with the docked tables... Don't fix what ain't broken... or at least make it an alternative without eliminating things we can already do the way we like!
RonCornelius
Return it, Please!
BettyAlex
Please, docking, now!!!
A-Will-3

Return it, Please!