Shift double click to pan to feature

09-21-2022 05:10 PM
Labels (1)
RoseF
by
Occasional Contributor

You know how if you have the attribute table of a feature class open and you double click on the very far left  "box" next to a row (the little box with a number in it that isn't the OID), you zoom to that feature? This has been around since the days of ArcMap and I find it to be very, very useful.

The issue is that I often have to go from one feature to another, looking around at the same scale.  I'd find it very helpful to have a different kind of double click that would be much like Pan to feature. I know I can select the line and press Ctrl + n to pan but the selecting of the line and then pushing buttons requires me to move one of my hands from the mouse. This is slow. And of course, selecting the feature, right clicking, and choose "Pan to" from a list is even slower.

I suggest something like Shift + double click or Ctrl + double click or Alt + double click function as a "Pan to feature" in the attribute table.

3 Comments
KoryKramer
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Thank you for submitting this @RoseF 

I tried and Ctrl +double click does this already. I checked in the documentation and see it as far back as 2.8.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/2.8/help/data/tables/keyboard-shortcuts-for-tables.htm 

KoryKramer_0-1663852805328.png

Does that not work for you or are you looking for something else? Please let us know.

RoseF
by

@KoryKramer you're absolutely correct, it works perfectly. I only upgraded to 2.8 recently (working on going higher) and I sometimes struggle to find the documentation on these things. Thanks for that link!

Feel free to delete/archive this idea.

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Already Offered

Thanks for the confirmation @RoseF I'll mark this as already offered.