Scheduled Geoprocessing Tools: Send E-mail Notification on completion

08-08-2022 08:35 AM
Labels (1)
ChristophKoschmieder
New Contributor III

It would be very helpful, if ArcGIS Pro would provide the possibility to automatically send an E-Mail notification on completion of scheduled Geoprocessing tools.

As content of the E-Mail notification the GP messages should be included.

3 Comments
BruceHarold

Hi, I'm not suggesting this solves the problem generically but the Data Interoperability extension supports this function if you configure it, plus other forms of messaging.

SimonSchütte_ct

It is also possible to implement a solution using python, similar to what is shown in the ArcGIS Notebook sample for Portal "Administration: Deploy automatic notifications", by using https://docs.python.org/3/library/smtplib.html#module-smtplib

But a Build-In solution for ArcGIS Pro would be preferred. (As Toolbox or even webhook support for AGP, but that is probably another Idea)

ChristophKoschmieder

To make my point clearer:

The intention of my "Idea" is to keep the user better informed, when scheduled tools are executed!

I know, that it is possible to implement a mail response by myself _in_ the tool being executed, but I would like to have a more implicit method invoked directly by AGP itself as response of a scheduled tool run.

Otherwise if would have to implement the mail response in every tool...