Right Click to export table schema to excel

04-07-2014 11:38 AM
Labels (1)
MarkVolz
Occasional Contributor III

I would like an option to export table schemas to excel.  That would make it easier to compare two tables and verify if they have the same schema or not.

For example:

my_shapefile.shp  --> export schema to excel  -->my_shapefile_schema.xls

Fieild Name,   Field Alias, Field Type, Field Size, Domain,   etc

Thanks

15 Comments
GabrielScarcella

@KoryKramer thanks a lot for the simplicity of this solution. Very helpful!
It would be nice to see this functionality also available to copy and paste the whole attribute table of any given feature class.
Thank again.

KoryKramer

@GabrielScarcella 

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/tables/keyboard-shortcuts-for-tables.htm 

KoryKramer_0-1663882961657.png

What you might be missing (I can't be sure without more details) is that the copy all rows you need to use the Copy Selection button or Ctrl+Shift+C, rather than Ctrl+C, which will copy an individual cell value.

KoryKramer_1-1663883033255.png

Hope this helps!

GabrielScarcella

Thanks @KoryKramer for the quick reply and for pointing me in the right direction, I was missing that cool functionality and didn't know it was already available.
It works wonderfully using the Copy Selection button, however, every time I use the Ctrl+Shift+C it copies the value of the first cell selected (using ArcGIS Pro 2.9.2). Was it implemented in a recent revision of ArcGIS Pro?
Thanks again for your help.

KoryKramer

I'm not sure why the shortcut wouldn't be working on your machine. That has been in place for a long time (definitely not something new after 2.9...). i.e. if you hover over the Copy Selection button like in my screenshot, you should see the shortcut tip.

wayfaringrob

So, I'm noticing a couple weird things. The first is that if you open the fields view and then immediately Ctrl+A and copy, it only copies the rows visible on your screen plus a few more:

rburkebsrc_0-1666297939540.png

Going back to Pro, they all show up as selected, though, if you scroll down or expand the window.

rburkebsrc_1-1666297959994.png

Pressing Ctrl+A again after scrolling and then pasting gets all the fields to copy and paste, but the aliases still don't come along for the ride. Getting the aliases out of Pro was the main reason I'd hoped that this would just work properly.