"Issues Addressed" has gaps in the sequence, provide a link to the full list

07-13-2022 07:41 PM
Labels (1)
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The issues address list

Release notes for ArcGIS Pro 3.0—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

is great, but there are gaps in the sequence (modified to protect the BUG). 

Are the gaps

BUG-000088185 The blah has been fixed
BUG-000088186 Mystery???
etc, until
BUG-000089245 Displaying stuff is now good

Were some of the bugs addressed in previous releases?

Are they still unsolved?

It would help if the links were keyword searchable

Tags (1)
4 Comments
KoryKramer
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi Dan, bugs are logged with Technical Support for all products, not just ArcGIS Pro. So the "gaps" that you are seeing exist for a number of reasons. Those bugs could be for another product. They could have already been addressed in a previous release of ArcGIS Pro. Like you said, maybe they have not been addressed in that Pro release, meaning they aren't on the Issues Addressed list... and so on.

Given that, can you clarify what your idea would be?

Thanks!

DanPatterson

@KoryKramer then effectively that would leave a list of logged Pro bugs that haven't been addressed.

You can't get that from the Tech Support site since Esri Support ArcGIS Pro 3.0 doesn't have a BUGs tab, and the "Modified Jul .... " gives no certainty that an issue is resolved.  In fact, a "resolved" flag and its inverse would be useful.

It is just too hard to track down the list of Pro bugs that have been reported when trying to resolve Community questions

RTPL_AU

@DanPatterson  Agree. "It is just too hard to track down" i.e. "It takes too long"

It would be helpful if the full status list is just for major releases at minimum to make it easier to work out what is going on.

I have a few bugs that I expected to see resolved in 3.0 but are still in the product plan. The 3.0 release notes were quite extensive but still required a trip to My Esri to double check things.  
Would it be weird if every paying customer sent a stopwatch to the Esri Inc office?

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Closed

We are in conversations with our colleagues who are working on standing up a new Technical Support site (support.esri.com) about how to improve the issue search experience to help with some of the points you have brought up here. That is, make it quicker and easier to see issues that are resolved vs. those that are unresolved for a specific product. This work will be done there, however, not in the ArcGIS Pro Issues Addressed list, which is meant to show issues fixed/implemented in a specific release or patch, and not all other open issues.