Publishing Annotations to ARCGIS Online

08-15-2018 05:49 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could you please work on allowing users to publish annotation feature class to ArcGIS online?

40 Comments
TylerLarson

Thank you both for the information!

JenniferBorlick

This is literally the ONLY thing preventing us from getting rid of our flexviewer maps. If anybody has a work around I'd be interesting in hearing it.

JenniferBorlick

This is literally the ONLY thing preventing us from getting rid of our flexviewer maps. If anybody has a work around I'd be interesting in hearing it.

StephanieOliver

If you want a workaround to view (only) your ArcGIS Pro annotation in ArcMap see this article. It'll take you through the process of publishing a tile service of your annotation in ArcGIS Pro that can be consumed in ArcMap.
Problem: Unable to open an ArcGIS Pro annotation feature class in ArcMap 

StephanieOliver

If you want a workaround to view (only) your ArcGIS Pro annotation in ArcMap see this article. It'll take you through the process of publishing a tile service of your annotation in ArcGIS Pro that can be consumed in ArcMap.
Problem: Unable to open an ArcGIS Pro annotation feature class in ArcMap 

by Anonymous User

It has been almost 2 years since this idea was posted, any chance of this coming soon to ARCGIS Online?

by Anonymous User

It has been almost 2 years since this idea was posted, any chance of this coming soon to ARCGIS Online?

JoshWhite

Are there any updates to allowing annotation to be published to ArcGIS Online?  I just started moving everything to ArcGIS Online and so Enterprise is not an option.  I just discovered that the tiled layer I created for my annotation must be at the bottom of the list.  This is a big problem!  In this particular map I need the annotation to be displayed on top because of the solid layer.  I may try transparency as a workaround for now.

JoshWhite

Are there any updates to allowing annotation to be published to ArcGIS Online?  I just started moving everything to ArcGIS Online and so Enterprise is not an option.  I just discovered that the tiled layer I created for my annotation must be at the bottom of the list.  This is a big problem!  In this particular map I need the annotation to be displayed on top because of the solid layer.  I may try transparency as a workaround for now.

KoryKramer

Have you tried viewing your layers in Map Viewer Beta?  I could be wrong but I thought that re-ordering layers (even tile layers) was a new capability...